geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Installing & Running an Application Client
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:53:42 GMT

On Mar 21, 2007, at 12:44 PM, Norbert Rieger wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install an "App Client", packed within an EAR.
>
> When deploying the ear geronimo says  "The application was
> successfully deployed. The application was successfully started"
>
> Looking at "Application EARs" also says State is running, but wenn
> I look at "App Clients" the state of my application client ist
> "stopped".
> The only available command is "Uninstall", there is neither a
> "Start" nor a "Restart" command.
>
> What can be the reasons for this, how do I start an application
> client ?

You can't run an app client inside the server :-)

What you need to do is open another terminal window in your geronimo
home directory and look carefully at the moduleId for the app client
you see in the console and run

java -jar bin/client.jar <moduleId>

(I think there's a script too, but I don't use them)

Hope this helps
david jencks