geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Running Apache Roller on Geronimo
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:10:40 GMT

On Mar 18, 2007, at 5:23 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:

> The work I have done on this up to now has been with the help of a
> simple ant script (and some manual tweaking) to build the .war
> files to test things out on different versions of Geronimo (v1.1.1
> and v1.2) with different versions of Apache Roller (v3.0 and
> v3.1rcX) mostly with the mysql db but also with derby.
> The first time I got some hands on experience with maven was when I
> puled down the G1.2 branch and after reading some documentation on
> it I got impressed of what It can do project vise and I am
> seriously thinking of switching to it at work and on private
> projects. I would like to help out, if I can, but I would probably
> need some direction and pointers to "similar" module/plugin
> examples and other information that can be helpful in accomplish
> what you are looking for.
> Feel free to send me a email that give me some directions and we
> will get on from there.

I have 3 maven modules set up locally based on your plans.   If you
attach the plans and the roller config properties file to a jira
issue I can commit them and then we'll have something concrete to
work from.  I'd like to first get what you have so far working in a
mavenized environment, and I think we're very close.  The rest is
really just refinements, but I think they would make it even easier
to get roller set up the way you want (such as with the db you want).

> About the JIRA what would the issue (and issue type) be?

I think it's a new feature and the type would be Plugin.  It doesn't
really matter what you call it... I can move it around and rename it
if necessary :-)

thanks
david jencks