geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.mail.MessagingException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2007 12:45:46 GMT
Ok, the answer to this one depends on how you are getting a javamail
Session object to do the send. If you are getting the Session by doing a
JNDI lookup for "mail/MailResource", then just add
"mail.smtp.quitwait=false" to the property attributes you have below.

However, if you are creating the Session directly by calling
getInstance() or getDefaultInstance(), then you need to set that
property in the property bundle for the get instance.

Rick