geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Running Apache Roller on Geronimo
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:53:16 GMT

On Mar 13, 2007, at 5:37 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:

> Okey I built a snapshot of the Geronimo 1.2 branch from svn and did
> some minimal changes to the geronimo-web.xml file before testing
> roller 3.1 rc4 out on this new build and I am sorry to say that I
> get exactly the same error as I got with the December release of
> Geronomo 1.2 beta. As I reported in the "Runing  Apache Roller 3.0
> on Geronimo 1.1.1" thread Roller actually executed a bit future in
> G 1.1.1 than in 1.2.
>
> David : I did not quite understand what you meant by "calling the
> database jdbc/rollerdb in the database plan" (to be able to skip
> the mapping) where would I put It in the <name> tag ?

I think you could have 2 plans like this:
(I eliminated the resource-ref element by changing the name of the db
pool, and moved the realm gbean into the web app plan)

geronimo-web.xml
-----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.2"
xmlns:nam="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
   <sys:environment>
     <sys:moduleId>
       <sys:groupId>roller</sys:groupId>
       <sys:artifactId>roller</sys:artifactId>
       <sys:version>3.1</sys:version>
       <sys:type>war</sys:type>
     </sys:moduleId>
     <sys:dependencies>
       <sys:dependency>
          <sys:groupId>console.dbpool</sys:groupId>
          <sys:artifactId>MySqlDB_roller</sys:artifactId>
       </sys:dependency>
     </sys:dependencies>
     <hidden-classes>
         <filter>antlr</filter>
     </hidden-classes>
   </sys:environment>

   <context-root>/roller</context-root>

     <gbean name="MySqlDB_roller"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm"
xsi:type="dep:gbeanType" xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
deployment-1.2" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
         <attribute name="realmName">MySqlDB_roller</attribute>
         <reference name="ServerInfo">
             <name>ServerInfo</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="LoginService">
             <name>JaasLoginService</name>
         </reference>
         <xml-reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
             <log:login-config xmlns:log="http://geronimo.apache.org/
xml/ns/loginconfig-1.2">
                 <log:login-module control-flag="REQUIRED" server-
side="true" wrap-principals="false">
                     <log:login-domain-name>MySqlDB_roller</log:login-
domain-name>
                     <log:login-module-
class>org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.SQLLoginModule</
log:login-module-class>
                     <log:option name="userSelect">SELECT username,
passphrase FROM rolleruser WHERE username=?</log:option>
                     <log:option name="dataSourceApplication">null</
log:option>
                     <log:option name="groupSelect">SELECT username,
rolename FROM userrole WHERE username=?</log:option>
                     <log:option
name="dataSourceName">MySqlDB_roller</log:option>
                 </log:login-module>
             </log:login-config>
         </xml-reference>
     </gbean>

</web-app>

-----------------------------

roller_mysql_db_plan.xml
-----------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
     <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/
deployment-1.2">
         <dep:moduleId>
             <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
             <dep:artifactId>MySqlDB_roller</dep:artifactId>
             <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
             <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
         </dep:moduleId>
         <dep:dependencies>
             <dep:dependency>
                 <dep:groupId>mysql</dep:groupId>
                 <dep:artifactId>mysql-connector-java</dep:artifactId>
                 <dep:version>3.1.12</dep:version>
                 <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
             </dep:dependency>
         </dep:dependencies>
     </dep:environment>
     <resourceadapter>
         <outbound-resourceadapter>
             <connection-definition>
                 <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</
connectionfactory-interface>
                 <connectiondefinition-instance>
                     <name>jdbc/rollerdb</name>
                     <config-property-setting name="Password">thepw</
config-property-setting>
                     <config-property-setting
name="Driver">com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</config-property-setting>
                     <config-property-setting
name="UserName">theuser</config-property-setting>
                     <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/roller</config-
property-setting>
                     <connectionmanager>
                         <local-transaction/>
                         <single-pool>
                             <max-size>10</max-size>
                             <min-size>0</min-size>
                             <match-one/>
                         </single-pool>
                     </connectionmanager>
                 </connectiondefinition-instance>
             </connection-definition>
         </outbound-resourceadapter>
     </resourceadapter>
</connector>

> Below is the configuration and the stack trace.
> If anyone has any suggestions or notice anything I may have missed
> plz let me (us) know It really would be great to have this app
> running on G.

If you have any ideas on how to run roller on derby and get it to a
point where geronimo is complaining I'll try to find some time to
take a look

thanks
david jencks