geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version for development?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 10:29:32 GMT
On 3/15/07, Joseph Kulandai <kulandai@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version for
> development?
>
> I am planning to use Geronimo for development and I would like to know which
> version is the latest stable version now? Please help me on this.

I'm biased so take it with a grain of salt.

I'd say go for Apache Geronimo v2
(http://geronimo.apache.org/2007/03/08/apache-geronimo-20-m3-released.html)
that comes with the latest Java EE 5 bits. To me, 1.1.1 is as stable
as 2.0M3 and don't be misled 1.1.1 is better (in terms of stability)
than 2.0M3 only because of the release number.

There's also the Geronimo Eclipse plugin to help you get started with
Java EE 5 and Geronimo
(http://geronimo.apache.org/development-tools.html). Download the
unofficially official daily driver from. It's listed in the Daily
Drivers of the Downloads section. It works with Eclipse IDE 3.3m5eh +
WTP 2.0m5.

When in doubt, ask your questions here. There's no better way to learn
new stuff than asking about it in public ;-) Also, you may've noticed
there's a shortage of 2.0 documentation so your questions and answers
are likely to become part of it, too.

Take a look at the website to find out more about Apache Geronimo and
report any issues you run into on the user mailing list.

Happy Java EE 5 coding with Apache Geronimo!

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl