geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: A few questions
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 22:05:25 GMT

On Mar 30, 2007, at 12:45 PM, leonard flournoy wrote:

The answers may depend on the geronimo version you are using.  I'll
assume you are bleeding edge and using 2.0 :-)

> 1) Is it possible to change the version of tomcat ?

You should be able to just put the version of tomcat you want in the
geronimo repo (at the appropriate location, e.g. repository/org/
apache/tomcat/catalina/6.0.12/catalina-6.0.12.jar).  If you want to
downgrade tomcat you will need to remove the tomcat jars that are
already present.

This will work as long as the version is not specified in the
dependency on tomcat jars in the geronimo-dependencies.xml file in
the geronimo-tomcat jar.  If your version of geronimo happens to
mistakenly have versions there, you'd have to rebuild g. with the
tomcat version you want specified.

> 2) Is it possible to specify the parser that geronio uses by default ?

xml parser?  Isn't this specified by a system property?  I think
you'll need to put the jaxp jars you want in lib/endorsed to get them
appropriately on the classpath and I think you'll need to specify the
property on the command line rather than with the SystemProperties
gbean.... that would probably be too late.

> 3) How do you configre Geronimo to use a single class loader when

don't let any wars in the ear? :-)  all ejb and connector modules in
an ear currently share a classloader.  Each war gets a child
classloader, and there's not way to change that.  What exactly are
you trying to do?

> 4) Does Geronimo offer a service simular to JBoss's
> SystemPropertiesService which allows users to access system
> properties.

can you explain this service?  i thought users could use
System.getProperty().....  We do have a SystemProperties gbean, maybe
that is similar?

thanks
david jencks