geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject How do I set up JMS connections in a GBean?
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 21:03:02 GMT
Hello all,

I'm new to J2EE and Geronimo, and hope you can help me with a bit of
application design advice.

I have a legacy network component that I plan to to deploy as a GBean.
The gbean stuff seems rather straight forward, no problem there as far
as I can see from my first attempts.

Now, to make the component communicate with a regular EJB application I
would like to connect to geronimo's JMS provider and set up message
producers for network originated data, and register a message listener
for network bound data.

Do I need to make any special considerations due to it being deployed in
geronimo and the jms provider being managed by geronimo? Do I need some
sort of jms resource plan? Or is it something you configures in the
deployment plan? Or is plain old jndi lookups enough?

TIA & regards,
--
Fredrik Jonson