geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "pgrey" <pg...@iss.net>
Subject Re: ejb circular references
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:31:15 GMT
Thank you for your response.

Let's try to solve a specific part of this problem.

In "geronimo-application.xml" of "myappA.ear", there is the following
declaration.

 <gbean name="my-realm"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.GenericSecurityRealm"
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  <attribute name="realmName">my-realm</attribute>
  <reference name="ServerInfo">
   <name>ServerInfo</name>
  </reference>
  <reference name="LoginService">
   <name>JaasLoginService</name>
  </reference>
  <xml-reference name="LoginModuleConfiguration">
   <login-config xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/loginconfig-1.1">
    <login-module control-flag="REQUIRED" server-side="true"
wrap-principals="true">
     <login-domain-name>my-realm</login-domain-name>
     <login-module-class>com.my.subject.MyLoginModule</login-module-class>
    </login-module>
   </login-config>
  </xml-reference>
 </gbean>

This declares a security realm usable by all of the WARs in myappA.ear.

There are two implementations of the backend security information store.

SecurityInformationStoreA is a file, similar to the geronimo sample
users.properties and roles.properties.
SecurityInformationStoreB is the security model of "myappB.ear", accessed
through an local (to geronimo instance) EJB, called MySecurityServicesB.

The security information store used is controlled at run time though an
external configuration file.

When myappA is deployed with myappB, myappA should use
SecurityInformationStoreB.  When myappA is deployed alone, it should use
SecurityInformationStoreA.

>From your response, I gather that the XML above needs to include a reference
to the SecurityInformationStoreB EJB.  Using a reference rather than a
dependency will allow myappA to deploy, even if myappB is not present.

The suggestion below is an "ejb-ref" element.  It is possible that one of
these needs to go somewhere else in geronimo-application.xml.

To tie this back in to the original post, myappB makes use of myappA EJBs.
myappB gracefully handles the absence of myappA by returning "nothing".
myappA handles the absence of myappB by using the alternative security
information store.

Thank you for any insight you might have into possible solutions using
Geronimo 1.1.1.

"David Jencks" <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote
in message news:58AB7426-2670-4DF0-9A96-7EF0B299E65D@yahoo.com...