geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Tomcat wtih Access Valves in 1.2-beta
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 21:02:12 GMT
I've resolved the issue as described here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/user@geronimo.apache.org/msg04670.html

I needed a gbeanInfo attribute on my GBean.

             Aman Nanner/MxI
             Technologies
             <aman.nanner@mxi.                                          To
             com>                      user@geronimo.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             02-08-2007 02:19
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Configuring Tomcat wtih Access
                                       Valves in 1.2-beta
             Please respond to
             user@geronimo.apa
                  che.org

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Geronimo to use a couple of Tomcat access valves.
I've found some documentation on this subject, but I'm having some trouble
getting the server up and running.

Here are the GBeans I've added to my config.xml:

----
            <gbean name="FirstValve">
                  <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve</attribute>
                  <attribute name="initParams">prefix=0.0.0.0_access_log.
                  suffix=.txt
                  pattern=common</attribute>
                  <reference name="NextValve">
                        <pattern>
                              <name>SecondValve</name>
                        </pattern>
                  </reference>
            </gbean>
            <gbean
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=SecondValve">

                  <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn</attribute>
            </gbean>
----

Here is the error that I'm getting during server startup:

----
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: New GBeans must
be specified with a GBeanInfo
configuration=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car
gbeanName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=SecondValve

      at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.applyOverrides(

LocalAttributeManager.java:150)
      at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b20ef545.invoke(<generated>)

----

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unless you
are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not
use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the
message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the
sender by reply e-mail , and delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613
747 4698. *

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,