geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Configuring Tomcat wtih Access Valves in 1.2-beta
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:19:46 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to configure Geronimo to use a couple of Tomcat access valves.
I've found some documentation on this subject, but I'm having some trouble
getting the server up and running.

Here are the GBeans I've added to my config.xml:

----
            <gbean name="FirstValve">
                  <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve</attribute>
                  <attribute name="initParams">prefix=0.0.0.0_access_log.
                  suffix=.txt
                  pattern=common</attribute>
                  <reference name="NextValve">
                        <pattern>
                              <name>SecondValve</name>
                        </pattern>
                  </reference>
            </gbean>
            <gbean
name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=SecondValve">
                  <attribute
name="className">org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn</attribute>
            </gbean>
----

Here is the error that I'm getting during server startup:

----
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: New GBeans must
be specified with a GBeanInfo
configuration=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car
gbeanName=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car?ServiceModule=org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat/1.2-beta/car,j2eeType=GBean,name=SecondValve
      at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager.applyOverrides(
LocalAttributeManager.java:150)
      at
org.apache.geronimo.system.configuration.LocalAttributeManager$$FastClassByCGLIB$$b20ef545.invoke(<generated>)
----

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *