geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Re: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException when Trying to send mail using Geronimo 1.1.1 - Reg
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 23:12:03 GMT
I tried deploying with this configuration, but the deployment failed as
this does not exist in the repository anywhere.  Is the
geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_provider supposed to exist as a module or
configuration in the repository?  Is it a separate plugin?

Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote on 02-26-2007 05:29:41 PM:

> Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm also getting a NoSuchProviderException, but in Geronimo 1.2.  It
seems
> > that the geronimo-javamail-transport module has been moved, or no
longer
> > exists, so what dependency should I use in its place?
> >
> In 1.2, the javamail providers are in
>
> geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_provider, which is in the
> org.apache.geronimo.javamail groupId.  For providers, we now have POP3,
> NNTP, and NNTP-POST in addtion to SMTP.
>
> Rick
>

> > Thanks,
> > Aman
> >

> > ------------------------
> > In order to send mail, there are two jar files you need in your
> > dependencies. The first jar file, geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_spec-1.1.jar
is
> > in the base configuration and contains the javax.mail.* classes. You
have
> > that one, otherwise you wouldn't get as far as you have. The second jar
> > file, geronimo-javamail-transport-1.1.1.jar contains the Geronimo SMTP
> > transport implementation. That's the jar file you're missing in your
> > application dependencies.
> >
> > Rick
> >

> > Kamalanathan Raman wrote:
> >

> > Hi ,
> >

> > Iam using Geronimo 1.1.1 .Can any one help me in resolving the
following
> > issue, iam trying to configure a mail session and send notification
mail.
> > But when I try to run my application it throws this particular error.
Iam
> > not able to figure out what it suggests, Your valuable suggestion is
> > invited.Thanks in advance for your reply.
> >

> > 2007-02-19 18:32:54,601 ERROR com.symcor.common.util.SendMail
> > -sendNotification(...):_MessagingException_
> >

> > _javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException_: Unable to locate provider for
> > protocol: smtp
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(_Session.java:227_)
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:336_)
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:366_)
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:65_)
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:46_)
> >

> > at
com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:171_)

> > at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:92_)
> >

> > at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.sendMail(_RunEDSService.java:411_)
> >
> >       at
com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.main(_RunEDSService.java:338_)