geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <>
Subject Adding Tomcat Valve specific web apps
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 21:58:27 GMT

I'm deploying an application EAR file on Geronimo 1.2-beta.  This EAR
contains several web applications.  When we deploy this application in
JBoss, we have a META-INF/context.xml file in each web app that lets us
specify Tomcat valves that only apply to that web app in particular.  We
would like to do the same thing with Tomcat in Geronimo.

Upon examining the geronimo-tomcat-1.1.xsd descriptor (which is the schema
we are using for the geronimo-web.xml), I noticed that there is a
<tomcat:valve-chain> element.  This would appear to be the element that
would offer the functionality that we are looking for.  However, it is only
defined as a "string" type, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to specify
the valve(s) in here.  Also, do these valves get used in addition to the
valves that are specified in config.xml?  If anybody has any knowledge in
this area, please let me know.

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *

View raw message