geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Install plugin to local repository
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 23:37:11 GMT
This is turning out to be more complicated than I expected due to
some questionable choices around the PluginInstaller gbean.  I
suspect a convenient solution will only be available in geronimo 2.
You are pretty much the first person to try out this functionality
which we designed in from the beginning.... and it turns out there
are a couple of glitches.

Ted Kirby opened a jira with plans to install a second repo https://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2814 and I'm seeing what we
can do to add a PluginInstaller gbean to it.  Unfortunately someone
decided there would only be 1 plugin installer gbean and it would be
started very early in geronimo startup.... not necessarily a valid
scenario.

Meanwhile it looks like you could get farther if the console deployed
your application to the second, server specific repository rather
than the primary shared repository?  IIUC right now the console
deploys into all the config-stores it can find, which in your case
ought to be 2.  To make it find only the server-specific config-store/
repo you can override the Store references pattern in the Deployer
gbean, something like this:

     <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/geronimo-gbean-
deployer/${version}/car">
       <gbean name="Deployer">
         <reference name="Store">
             <name>Local2</name>