geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Norbert Rieger" <nrie...@lplusr.de>
Subject Accessing the local interface of an Session EJB from a WAR
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 11:08:09 GMT
Hello,

I try to connect from my web application to an existing Session EJB
(MfcSession) thru it's local interface.
Both, the WAR and the EJB, are running within the same geronimo
installation. When installing the web app I get the following message:

Deployer operation failed: Could not find an EJB for reference MfcSession to
a local session bean that has the home interface
de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionLocalHome and the local interface
de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionLocal
org.apache.geronimo.common.UnresolvedEJBRefException: Could not find an EJB
for reference MfcSession to a local session bean that has the home interface
de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionLocalHome and the local interface
de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionLocal

How do I connect to an EJB thru it's local interface, what's wrong with my
configuration ?

Any help or advice is appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.

Norbert

This is my configuration:

Geronimo 1.1.1
JDK 1.5.0_10
Windows XP Prof

web.xml:

 <ejb-local-ref>
        <ejb-ref-name>MfcSession</ejb-ref-name>
        <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
        <local-home>de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionLocalHome</local-home

        <local>de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionLocal</local>
        <ejb-link>MfcSession</ejb-link>
 </ejb-local-ref>

geronimo-web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<web-app
	xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
  	xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
  	xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1"
  	xmlns:security="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1">
	<environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
  		<moduleId>
    		<groupId>lplusr</groupId>
    		<artifactId>sys</artifactId>
    		<version>1.0</version>
  		</moduleId>
  		<dependencies>
  			<dependency>
	   			<groupId>ejb</groupId>
	                  <artifactId>mfc-ejb</artifactId>
	                  <version>1.0</version>
	                  <type>jar</type>
	            </dependency>
	  	</dependencies>
	</environment>
	<context-root>/sys</context-root>
	<ejb-local-ref>
		<ref-name>MfcSession</ref-name>
		<ejb-link>MfcSession</ejb-link>
	</ejb-local-ref>
</web-app>

The EJB descriptor is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE ejb-jar PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Enterprise
JavaBeans 2.0//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/ejb-jar_2_0.dtd">

<ejb-jar id="ejb-jar_1">

   <description><![CDATA[mfc-ejb-1.0 generated by eclipse wtp xdoclet
extension.]]></description>
   <display-name>mfc-ejb-1.0</display-name>

   <enterprise-beans>

      <!-- Session Beans -->
      <session id="Session_MfcSession">
         <description><![CDATA[An EJB for remote access of
MFC]]></description>
         <display-name>MfcSession</display-name>

         <ejb-name>MfcSession</ejb-name>

         <home>de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionHome</home>
         <remote>de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSession</remote>
         <local-home>de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionLocalHome</local-hom
e>
         <local>de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionLocal</local>
         <ejb-class>de.lplusr.module.mfc.ejb.MfcSessionSession</ejb-class>
         <session-type>Stateful</session-type>

      </session>

</ejb-jar>