geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: derby network server
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 09:04:33 GMT

On Feb 8, 2007, at 9:26 PM, Clayton Hicklin wrote:

> How do I enable the derby network server in geronimo-2.0-M2?  It
> appears
> that it has be either removed or disabled due to security reasons?

not intentionally

>   Is
> there a way to enable it or do I have to write a gbean to do this?

It should be working just the same as in 1.x.  We have been having
some compatibility issues with the newer derby versions and 2.0 might
be stuck on a version where the tranql connector for derby network
local transaction datasource doesn't work.  I don't have an easy way
to test this at the moment.... if you are using the tranql connectors
try the derby xa one.

thanks
david jencks