geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ghattu, Satya [CCC-OT_IT]" <>
Subject RE: Install plugin to local repository
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:52:09 GMT
Thanks for the information. Wow, did not expect this to be so
complicated, may be it is not but with my little understanding of
geromino it sounds complicated. Probably I should explain why I am
trying to do this.
Basically I am trying to setup a WASCE environment for our users on a
solaris machine. I installed WASCE under say /opt/wasce. I created
several instances of wasce servers under /export1/users/server1,
/export1/users/server2. These instances use the binaries from
/opt/wasce. Now  I Created a simple web application, emtServlet.war.
>From the Admin console I deployed this application, so far so good.
When I looked at the config.xml, I see this entry.
<module name="default/emtServlet/1170941980461/war"/>
And I see that under the <WASCE_HOME>/repository there is a directory
structure with default/emtServlet/1170941980461 created. I can
understand why this can be but in our environment WASCE_HOME will always
be read-only and the user using the server instance will not have write

So, How can I deploy a simple application such that the server does not
write to the WASCE_HOME directory? Like in other App Servers can
geromino always deploy from a file?

Sorry if this is very basic, still trying to get my feet wet ... ;-).

Thanks for your help,