geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gbean within a signed jar
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:55:48 GMT

On Feb 6, 2007, at 2:54 PM, Spotts, Joel ((ISS Atlanta)) wrote:

> I have a gbean packaged within a signed jar that is placed in my
> EAR. Trouble is it seems that geronimo uses proxy classes on the
> gbean class files, which results in the dreaded:
>
> java.lang.SecurityException: class "..."'s signer information does
> not match signer information of other classes in the same package
>
> when geronimo attempts to start the gbean. Anyone have a solution
> to this problem other than not signing the jar?

Hi Yoel,
Interesting. First I've heard of this problem, but it makes sense. I
don't really have a "solution" for you.

1) As you suggest,  don't sign your jar... :-P
2) Turn off proxy generation in the server. This, however, has the
unfortunate side-effect of breaking the admin console. So, this
really isn't much of an option.

Perhaps somebody else can chime in...

--kevan