geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gbean within a signed jar
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:44:17 GMT

On Feb 12, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Spotts, Joel ((ISS Atlanta)) wrote:

> Kevan,
>
> How do I turn off proxy generation? What do you mean by breaking
> admin console? I wont be able to control that app from the admin
> console? Are there other side effects?

Hi Yoel,
Disable proxy generation like this:

export JAVA_OPTS=-DXorg.apache.geronimo.gbean.NoProxy=true
./geronimo.sh run

Server startup will be a few seconds faster. You should see a log
entry like this:

14:28:05,885 WARN  [AbstractGBeanReference] GBean reference proxies
has been disabled:  This is an experimental and untested operating mode
Starting Geronimo Application Server v1.1.1

It's my understanding that there are some admin console functions
that won't work, with NoProxy. I must confess that I don't know what
specific features they are...

Generated GBean proxies give the admin console a common management
GBean interface to work with. Without proxies some GBean inspection/
management functions won't work. I ran a quick test with NoProxy --
starting stopping web apps, etc -- and didn't run into any errors.

Perhaps someone better versed in our console implementation can
explain what exactly won't work...

--kevan