geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Spotts, Joel \(ISS Atlanta\)" <jspo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject ejb circular references
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:24:49 GMT
I have a bit of a predicament with circular refrences in EJBs. Due to legacy reasons, I have
two EJBs - each which references the other (and refactoring would be non-trivial). I would
prefer to keep them local (as opposed to remote) for security reasons. Trouble is, I don't
know how to deploy such an arrangement in geronimo. Each EJB will need to reference the other
in openejb-jar.xml with an <ejb-ref> stanza. But since each one is dependent on the
other, each one cannot be deployed before the other (as geronimo checks for the ejb reference
at deploy time). Without violated some accepted principals of physics, that leads to an impossible
situation. How could I go about solving this issue?

Thanks,

Yoel Spotts