geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Spotts, Joel \(ISS Atlanta\)" <jspo...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Gbean within a signed jar
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:56:43 GMT
Thanks Kevan.

Does anyone else have any more info as to what the drawbacks are with disabling proxy classes?
What features in the console are affected?

It seems that turning off proxying does solve runtime issues, but I am having another issue
related to these proxy classes. We have an EAR with some EJBs. The actual EJB classes are
contained within a signed jar. When I try and deploy and EAR offline, I get the same SecurityException.
Passing that system property does not seem to have any impact. It seems that proxy classes
are also created in that instance. Any idea how to address this issue?

Thanks,

Yoel

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
	Sent: Mon 2/12/2007 2:44 PM
	To: user@geronimo.apache.org
	Subject: Re: Gbean within a signed jar

	On Feb 12, 2007, at 11:27 AM, Spotts, Joel ((ISS Atlanta)) wrote:

		Kevan,

		How do I turn off proxy generation? What do you mean by breaking admin console? I wont be
able to control that app from the admin console? Are there other side effects?

	Hi Yoel,
	Disable proxy generation like this:

	export JAVA_OPTS=-DXorg.apache.geronimo.gbean.NoProxy=true
	./geronimo.sh run

	Server startup will be a few seconds faster. You should see a log entry like this:

	14:28:05,885 WARN  [AbstractGBeanReference] GBean reference proxies has been disabled:  This
is an experimental and untested operating mode
	Starting Geronimo Application Server v1.1.1

	It's my understanding that there are some admin console functions that won't work, with NoProxy.
I must confess that I don't know what specific features they are...

	Generated GBean proxies give the admin console a common management GBean interface to work
with. Without proxies some GBean inspection/management functions won't work. I ran a quick
test with NoProxy -- starting stopping web apps, etc -- and didn't run into any errors.

	Perhaps someone better versed in our console implementation can explain what exactly won't
work...

	--kevan