geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Kamalanathan Raman" <Kamalanathan_Ra...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException when Trying to send mail usingGeronimo 1.1.1 - Reg
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 05:34:25 GMT

Hi Aman,

The geronimo-java-mail-transport jar should be present inside the
repository/Geronimo folder just check for that and add to your classpath

Thanks and Regards,
Kamal

-----Original Message-----
From: Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies [mailto:aman.nanner@mxi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:42 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException when Trying to send mail
usingGeronimo 1.1.1 - Reg

I tried deploying with this configuration, but the deployment failed as
this does not exist in the repository anywhere.  Is the
geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_provider supposed to exist as a module or
configuration in the repository?  Is it a separate plugin?

Rick McGuire <rickmcg@gmail.com> wrote on 02-26-2007 05:29:41 PM:

> Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm also getting a NoSuchProviderException, but in Geronimo 1.2.  It
seems
> > that the geronimo-javamail-transport module has been moved, or no
longer
> > exists, so what dependency should I use in its place?
> >
> In 1.2, the javamail providers are in
>
> geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_provider, which is in the
> org.apache.geronimo.javamail groupId.  For providers, we now have
POP3,
> NNTP, and NNTP-POST in addtion to SMTP.
>
> Rick
>

> > Thanks,
> > Aman
> >

> > ------------------------
> > In order to send mail, there are two jar files you need in your
> > dependencies. The first jar file,
geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_spec-1.1.jar
is
> > in the base configuration and contains the javax.mail.* classes. You
have
> > that one, otherwise you wouldn't get as far as you have. The second
jar
> > file, geronimo-javamail-transport-1.1.1.jar contains the Geronimo
SMTP
> > transport implementation. That's the jar file you're missing in your
> > application dependencies.
> >
> > Rick
> >

> > Kamalanathan Raman wrote:
> >

> > Hi ,
> >

> > Iam using Geronimo 1.1.1 .Can any one help me in resolving the
following
> > issue, iam trying to configure a mail session and send notification
mail.
> > But when I try to run my application it throws this particular
error.
Iam
> > not able to figure out what it suggests, Your valuable suggestion is
> > invited.Thanks in advance for your reply.
> >

> > 2007-02-19 18:32:54,601 ERROR com.symcor.common.util.SendMail
> > -sendNotification(...):_MessagingException_
> >

> > _javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException_: Unable to locate provider for
> > protocol: smtp
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(_Session.java:227_)
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:336_)
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:366_)
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:65_)
> >
> >       at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:46_)
> >

> > at
com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:171_)

> > at
com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:92_)

> > at
com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.sendMail(_RunEDSService.java:411_)

> >       at
com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.main(_RunEDSService.java:338_)

__________

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the
addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received this message
in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and delete the
message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *

e-mail system.