geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configurate Tomcat in Geronimo?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:52:40 GMT

On Feb 22, 2007, at 2:11 PM, Prof.Dr. Reich Christoph wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think there is a misunderstanding at your side. Tomcat is
> container for
> servlets and does not run perl scripts or does not redirect calls.
> The Apache
> webserver is responsible for that. Your configure the webserver to
> redirect
> cgi calls or you have a perl module which runs the scripts.

That's certainly the normal environment for for environment for cgi
scripts. However, you can run cgi-bin scripts within Tomcat. I've
certainly never tried it. And doubt it would be very scalable. See
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/cgi-howto.html for more info.

Geronimo doesn't include the cgi "renametojar" files which Tomcat
provides. However, if you add the Tomcat cgi jars to the Geronimo
repository and/or deployed the necessary jar files, there's a decent
chance you could get it working...

--kevan