geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Install plugin to local repository
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:38:13 GMT
So JSR-88 has targets and modules, and we originally planned for a
target to be a config store, so if you gave it a module and specified
a target, it would go into only the listed config store(s).
Originally, that was broken because the deployer GBean either did not
accept or ignored the target arguments.  I think I remember someone
working on that, but I'm not sure whether it works end to end.

As for plugins, I don't think we ever came up with the requirements
for how it should interact with config stores -- most of the original
code just did whatever was most expedient.  And there was no thought
to having multiple plugin installer GBeans because no one said they
wanted it.  It would certainly be nice to put together some more
detailed goals for the plugin installer.  (One of the ongoing issues
is that it should reuse more code from Maven or wagon or whatever, but
I haven't twisted anyone's arm enough to point out the code we could
reuse.)

Thanks,
       Aaron