geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Catch-All App
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 15:24:17 GMT
I think the best way to do this is, as someone else noted, to replace
the "welcome" application that ships with Geronimo.  The application
assigned to "/" will receive requests to any path that a different
application doesn't cover, and you can assign a servlet to receive all
requests and redirect to or forward to your JSP.

Geronimo does something similar out of the box for the samples.  We
have the welcome application listen on the path that each sample
should be bound to (e.g. /jsp-examples/* or whatever).  If the sample
is installed and running and you go to that URL, the sample app will
receive the request.  If that sample is not installed, the welcome app
will receive the request, download and install the sample, then
redirect to the same URL which will then end up going to the newly
installed sample instead.

Thanks,
      Aaron