geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Reference/Dependencies
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:34:30 GMT
On 2/1/07, John <pmjbf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> SendReceiveQueue appears to be defined in the same place as DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory.
 I'll try using a queue I have created myself, including a separate dependency to it.

Oh, didn't realize that.  Looking again, I think the problem may be
that the queue reference should be a resource-env-ref (or
message-destination-ref) instead of a resource-ref.  That would affect
both your web.xml and geronimo-web.xml.  (For whatever reason, it
seems that in the J2EE mindset a resource ref is for a database,
connection factory, mail session, etc. while a resource-env-ref is for
a JMS destination.)

Thanks,
      Aaron

to the latest Java 1.4.2 release even though it seems to me I should be able to use newer
JVMs.

> > The result of these two changes is that it is no longer complaining about the connection
factory, but is giving me the very same error regarding the queue:

> >      Deployment failed:
> > Unable to resolve resource reference
> > 'jms/myQueue' (Could not find resource 'SendReceiveQueue'. Perhaps it
> > has not yet been configured, or your application does not have a
> > dependency declared for that resource module?)
> >
> > I guess I was wrong in my assessment that if I got the connection factory working,
the queue would follow.  :-)  I have tried, at the suggestion of some web sites and messages
on the list, to use <resource-env-ref> and <message-destination-link> instead
of <resource-ref> and <resource-link> for the queue.  However, doing that just
gives me an error at deployment time that I should use a <resource-ref>.

> > Here is my current geronimo-web.xml:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> >
> >   <dep:environment>
> >     <dep:moduleId>
> >       <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
> >       <dep:artifactId>SimpleMDBWeb</dep:artifactId>
> >       <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
> >       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
> >     </dep:moduleId>
> >
> >     <dep:dependencies>
> >           <dep:dependency>
> >               <dep:artifactId>activemq</dep:artifactId>
> >               <dep:type>car</dep:type>
> >         </dep:dependency>
> >     </dep:dependencies>
> >   </dep:environment>
> >
> >   <context-root>/SimpleMDBWeb</context-root>
> >
> >   <nam:resource-ref>
> >     <nam:ref-name>jms/myConnFactoryRef</nam:ref-name>
> >     <nam:resource-link>DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory</nam:resource-link>
> >   </nam:resource-ref>
> >
> >   <nam:resource-ref>
> >     <nam:ref-name>jms/myQueue</nam:ref-name>
> >     <nam:resource-link>SendReceiveQueue</nam:resource-link>
> >   </nam:resource-ref>
> >
> > </web-app>
> >
> > I am following the other thread regarding a similar matter closely.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > John

extent, but I've hit a dead end.

> > > I am trying to deploy a simple servlet which posts a message to a JMS queue.
> > >

> > > For the sake of simplicity in this message, I am only going to reference the
connection factory, as I assume once I figure out how to map that resource properly, I can
figure out the queue.

 xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1";;  xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1";;>

> > >   <dep:environment>
> > >
> > >      <dep:moduleId>
> > >
> > >       <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
> > >
> > >       <dep:artifactId>SimpleMDBWeb</dep:artifactId>
> > >
> > >       <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
> > >
> > >       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
> > >
> > >     </dep:moduleId>
> > >

> > >     <dep:dependencies>
> > >
> > >       <dep:dependency>
> > >
> > >           <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
> > >
> > >           <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
> > >
> > >           <dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>
> > >
> > >           <dep:type>car</dep:type>
> > >
> > >       </dep:dependency>
> > >
> > >     </dep:dependencies>
> > >

> > >    </dep:environment>
> > >

> > >   <context-root>/SimpleMDBWeb</context-root>
> > >

> > >   <nam:resource-ref>
> > >
> > >     <nam:ref-name>jms/myConnFactoryRef</nam:ref-name>
> > >
> > >     <nam:resource-link>DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory</nam:resource-link>
> > >
> > >   </nam:resource-ref>
> > >

> > >   <nam:resource-ref>
> > >
> > >     <nam:ref-name>jms/myQueue</nam:ref-name>
> > >
> > >     <nam:resource-link>SendReceiveQueue</nam:resource-link>
> > >
> > >   </nam:resource-ref>
> > >

> > > </web-app>
> > >

> > > The error I am getting is:
> > >

> > > "Unable to resolve resource reference 'jms/myConnFactoryRef' (Could not find
resource 'DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory'.  Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your
application does not have a dependency declared for that resource module?)"

> > > It would seem from the error that the resource reference is properly linked
to the resource I want to use, but I am having a dependency issue.  I have tried using "activemq"
instead of "activemq-broker."  I have tried using both.  I have tried creating my own JMS
resource in Geronimo and referencing that resource as a dependency instead of, and in addition
to activemq and activemq-broker.  No matter what I do, I get the above error.

> > > All the web pages and sample geronimo-web.xml files I have found seem to support
my usage above, but I am obviously still doing something wrong.