geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Reference/Dependencies
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 14:15:11 GMT
OK, well, I'm assuming you created the queue in question?  If so, you
need to also add a dependency on the module that the queue is in.
Again, you can find the name of that module in the console or with the
command-line deploy tool ('list-modules').

Thanks,
       Aaron

On 2/1/07, John <pmjbf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am now using activemq instead of activemq-broker.
>
> Does it matter what JVM I use?  I was originally using Java 5, but have reverted to the
latest Java 1.4.2 release even though it seems to me I should be able to use newer JVMs.

> The result of these two changes is that it is no longer complaining about the connection
factory, but is giving me the very same error regarding the queue:

>      Deployment failed:
> Unable to resolve resource reference
> 'jms/myQueue' (Could not find resource 'SendReceiveQueue'. Perhaps it
> has not yet been configured, or your application does not have a
> dependency declared for that resource module?)
>
> I guess I was wrong in my assessment that if I got the connection factory working, the
queue would follow.  :-)  I have tried, at the suggestion of some web sites and messages on
the list, to use <resource-env-ref> and <message-destination-link> instead of
<resource-ref> and <resource-link> for the queue.  However, doing that just gives
me an error at deployment time that I should use a <resource-ref>.

> Here is my current geronimo-web.xml:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>
>   <dep:environment>
>     <dep:moduleId>
>       <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
>       <dep:artifactId>SimpleMDBWeb</dep:artifactId>
>       <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
>       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>     </dep:moduleId>
>
>     <dep:dependencies>
>           <dep:dependency>
>               <dep:artifactId>activemq</dep:artifactId>
>               <dep:type>car</dep:type>
>         </dep:dependency>
>     </dep:dependencies>
>   </dep:environment>
>
>   <context-root>/SimpleMDBWeb</context-root>
>
>   <nam:resource-ref>
>     <nam:ref-name>jms/myConnFactoryRef</nam:ref-name>
>     <nam:resource-link>DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory</nam:resource-link>
>   </nam:resource-ref>
>
>   <nam:resource-ref>
>     <nam:ref-name>jms/myQueue</nam:ref-name>
>     <nam:resource-link>SendReceiveQueue</nam:resource-link>
>   </nam:resource-ref>
>
> </web-app>
>
> I am following the other thread regarding a similar matter closely.
>
> Thanks!
> John

factory, as I assume once I figure out how to map that resource properly, I can figure out
the queue.

 xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1";  xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1";>

> >   <dep:environment>
> >
> >      <dep:moduleId>
> >
> >       <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
> >
> >       <dep:artifactId>SimpleMDBWeb</dep:artifactId>
> >
> >       <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
> >
> >       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
> >
> >     </dep:moduleId>
> >

> >     <dep:dependencies>
> >
> >       <dep:dependency>
> >
> >           <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
> >
> >           <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
> >
> >           <dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>
> >
> >           <dep:type>car</dep:type>
> >
> >       </dep:dependency>
> >
> >     </dep:dependencies>
> >

> >    </dep:environment>
> >

> >   <context-root>/SimpleMDBWeb</context-root>
> >

> >   <nam:resource-ref>
> >
> >     <nam:ref-name>jms/myConnFactoryRef</nam:ref-name>
> >
> >     <nam:resource-link>DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory</nam:resource-link>
> >
> >   </nam:resource-ref>
> >

> >   <nam:resource-ref>
> >
> >     <nam:ref-name>jms/myQueue</nam:ref-name>
> >
> >     <nam:resource-link>SendReceiveQueue</nam:resource-link>
> >
> >   </nam:resource-ref>
> >

> > </web-app>
> >

> > The error I am getting is:
> >

> > "Unable to resolve resource reference 'jms/myConnFactoryRef' (Could not find resource
'DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory'.  Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your application
does not have a dependency declared for that resource module?)"

> > It would seem from the error that the resource reference is properly linked to the
resource I want to use, but I am having a dependency issue.  I have tried using "activemq"
instead of "activemq-broker."  I have tried using both.  I have tried creating my own JMS
resource in Geronimo and referencing that resource as a dependency instead of, and in addition
to activemq and activemq-broker.  No matter what I do, I get the above error.

> > All the web pages and sample geronimo-web.xml files I have found seem to support
my usage above, but I am obviously still doing something wrong.