geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: web app and gbean in the same file
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 23:57:31 GMT

On Feb 11, 2007, at 12:01 PM, Clayton Hicklin wrote:

> Okay, thanks, I got that working. However, it appears the gbean and
> the webapp have to be started and stopped in tandem. This makes
> sense and I'm assuming this is because they are technically part of
> the same application. I can't seem to find the gbean in the list of
> gbeans in the JMX viewer to run doStart() and doStop() against it.
> Is there any way to start and stop the gbean separately from the
> webapp when they're packaged this way?

It ought to be there, but it might be hard to spot. I think it will
only be found under all mbeans/geronimo and it's object name will be
similar to the object name of the web module (same number of name
components anyway).  I just checked and some gbeans deployed in this
way with the console show up the jmx viewer.  It did take me a few
minutes to find them.

thanks
david jencks