geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Message-Driven Beans with run-as Subject
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:13:15 GMT

On Feb 21, 2007, at 7:20 AM, Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies wrote:

> Ok, I've succesfully rebuilt the openejb2 branch with my change to the
> DefaultMdbContainer class.  What's the best way to deploy this
> modified
> version of OpenEJB to my Geronimo server?  I tried adding the JARs
> to new
> "2.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT" folders in their respective folders, but
> it seems
> like there are specific references to the "2.2-incubating" version of
> openEJB in Geronimo.  Also, if I just replace the 2.2 JARS with the
> new
> patched JARS, then there is a serialization error that occurs
> during server
> startup and I get a "InvalidConfigurationException".
>
> Do I need to somehow rebuild Geronimo completely with the new OpenEJB
> libraries?  If so, is there an article that describes what steps I
> need to
> take?

Rebuilding geronimo is I think your best bet.  Check out g. from

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/branches/1.2

and build with

mvn

It may take several tries.  You need maven 2.0.5.  I think there are
still snapshot bugs in maven and/or our plugins so after you get all
the dependencies downloaded it may work better to run
mvn -o clean install

thanks
david jencks