geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Clayton Hicklin" <>
Subject Re: derby network server
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:27:30 GMT
It appears that the DerbyNetwork gbean can't find the derbynet.jar.  When
it starts up, you get an error in the derby.log file to that effect.  If I
put derbynet.jar in the classpath (like jre/lib/ext), it works.  It kind
of sounds like a dependency issue.  Is there something I could put in
config.xml to load the derbynet.jar for the DerbyNetwork gbean? Something

Although, I'm not exactly sure where to put it.  Thanks!

David Jencks wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2007, at 9:26 PM, Clayton Hicklin wrote:
>> How do I enable the derby network server in geronimo-2.0-M2?  It
>> appears
>> that it has be either removed or disabled due to security reasons?
> not intentionally
>>   Is
>> there a way to enable it or do I have to write a gbean to do this?
> It should be working just the same as in 1.x.  We have been having
> some compatibility issues with the newer derby versions and 2.0 might
> be stuck on a version where the tranql connector for derby network
> local transaction datasource doesn't work.  I don't have an easy way
> to test this at the moment.... if you are using the tranql connectors
> try the derby xa one.
> thanks
> david jencks
>> Thanks!