geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: replace geronimo console realm with LDAP?
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:17:05 GMT

On Feb 9, 2007, at 6:34 PM, Clayton Hicklin wrote:

> Is there a way I can replace the geronimo console security realm
> with an
> LDAP realm?  Can I just delete the current geronimo-properties-
> realm and
> replace it with an LDAP realm of the same name?  Thanks!

I think so.  In more detail, I would modify the config.xml and add
load="false" for the gbeans for the geronimo-properties-realm and
deploy an additional configuration with your ldap realm also named
geronimo-properties-realm.  You might be able to add the gbeans for
the ldap realm directly in config.xml but I have an unreasonable
aversion to that approach.

Let us know if you run into problems, and also which geronimo version
you are using.

thanks
david jencks