geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ejb circular references
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:34:21 GMT

On Feb 22, 2007, at 3:06 PM, pgrey wrote:

> Yes, we have run into a problem.
>
> The EJBs are in different EARs.
>
>> If you ejbs are in different ears, things get a bit trickier.
>> IIRC  you
>> have to supply the entire  abstract name of the ejb container
>> gbean for
>> at least one side of the relationship.
>
> Can you give an example of "supply the entire abstract name of the ejb
> container gbean"?

This would go in your geronimo plan, I think its the correct syntax
for g. 1.1 and 1.2.

Lets say your looking for the bar ejb in (geronimo) module com.myco/
app1/1.0/car in the ejb1.jar (j2ee) module

<ejb-ref>
     <ref-name>foo</ref-name>
     <pattern>
         <groupId>com.myco</groupId>
         <artifactId>app1</artifactId>
         <version>1.0</version>
         <type>car</type>
         <module>ejb1.jar</module>
         <name>bar</name>
     </pattern>
</ejb-ref>

You can probably leave out the version, and possibly the type and
module.

thanks
david jencks