geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ricardo Gil" <dickvos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.0 Documentation - Topics to cover
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 17:59:45 GMT
Hi!

I'm starting to use geronimo and I'm trying to work with 2.0 version
so I'm too newbie but I think I have a good learning speed and I'm
enjoying geronimo. I would offer my help but I don't know where can I
help. May be you could lead me into the right area.

I've made an attempt to port the JMS and MDB sample of v1.1 but I'm
stucked with the EJB, it fails in the deployment. The rest of the
sample works correctly with some version and package changes (and
changing the JNDI lookup). It would be a great sample to add to 2.0
docs.

One of the most interesting sample in v1.1 is the advanced plugin
sample. There are changes in the way plugins are generated and
deployed into geronimo? I've made my tests here with a dumb plugin but
I can't configure car maven-plugin in order to set the destination
repository. I need to work more on that... I think I'm trying to go
too fast for me. It would be great to have this sample in geronimo 2.0
docs.

Oh, I'm spanish so if geronimo project is searching a spanish
traductor, maybe I could help here in my free time too.

Let me know if you think I can help here! Thanks for your work :) I'm
enjoying this app server :).

> What you see there is the content I've been working on so far, it is not a proposal for
a TOC. In fact, that is what my note is about, asking feedback for topics to cover as well
as volunteers to cover some of those topics.

> Absolutely, XML schemas and deployment plans should be part of the Geronimo v2.0 documentation
just like how we have them in the Geronimo v1.1 documentation. Sort of related to the same
topic would also be "Annotations".

> On a different thread I saw you guys plan to work on this area (schemas and plans) for
Geronimo v1.2 which is great, I'm taking granted you are volunteering to tackle v2.0 too,
right!? ;-)
> My only concern with v2.0, and Dain pointed it out too, some of the plans will dramatically
change throughout the 2.0 development process as the specifications and additional functionality
get fully integrated, specially in the EJB3 area.

> All, what other topics would you like to see covered in the v2.0 documentation? volunteering
for some? ;-)
> Never is too much info when talking about doc, isn't it!?
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Kanchana Welagedara wrote:
> > Hi Hernan
> >
> > I assume you have come up with the planed content of G2.0 as shown in
> > the below in the given url.I would like to know why the deployment plan
> > and xmls schema documents are missing in the content.I think M2 has more
> > to document in this area.
> > Any thoughts Hernan?
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> > Kanchana
> >

> > On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 15:59 -0500, Hernan Cunico wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >> I'm updating the existing Geronimo documentation to v2.0, here is the link.
> >>
> >> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/documentation.html
> >>
> >> Are there any specific topics that you guys would like to see covered for v2.0
first? Are there any topics from previous releases you guys don't want to see anymore?