geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException when Trying to send mail using Geronimo 1.1.1 - Reg
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 22:29:41 GMT
Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm also getting a NoSuchProviderException, but in Geronimo 1.2.  It seems
> that the geronimo-javamail-transport module has been moved, or no longer
> exists, so what dependency should I use in its place?

In 1.2, the javamail providers are in

geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_provider, which is in the
org.apache.geronimo.javamail groupId.  For providers, we now have POP3,
NNTP, and NNTP-POST in addtion to SMTP.

Rick

> Thanks,
> Aman
>

> ------------------------
> In order to send mail, there are two jar files you need in your
> dependencies. The first jar file, geronimo-javamail_1.3.1_spec-1.1.jar is
> in the base configuration and contains the javax.mail.* classes. You have
> that one, otherwise you wouldn't get as far as you have. The second jar
> file, geronimo-javamail-transport-1.1.1.jar contains the Geronimo SMTP
> transport implementation. That's the jar file you're missing in your
> application dependencies.
>
> Rick
>

> Kamalanathan Raman wrote:
>

> Hi ,
>

> Iam using Geronimo 1.1.1 .Can any one help me in resolving the following
> issue, iam trying to configure a mail session and send notification mail.
> But when I try to run my application it throws this particular error. Iam
> not able to figure out what it suggests, Your valuable suggestion is
> invited.Thanks in advance for your reply.
>

> 2007-02-19 18:32:54,601 ERROR com.symcor.common.util.SendMail
> -sendNotification(...):_MessagingException_
>

> _javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException_: Unable to locate provider for
> protocol: smtp
>
>       at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(_Session.java:227_)
>
>       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:336_)
>
>       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:366_)
>
>       at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:65_)
>
>       at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:46_)
>

> at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:171_)
>

> at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:92_)
>

> at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.sendMail(_RunEDSService.java:411_)
>
>       at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.main(_RunEDSService.java:338_)
>

> 2007-02-19 18:32:54,617 INFO com.symcor.common.util.SendMail
> -sendNotification(...):exit
>

> 2007-02-19 18:32:54,617 ERROR root -main[]:Unable to locate provider for
> protocol: smtp
>

> _javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException_: Unable to locate provider for
> protocol: smtp
>
>       at javax.mail.Session.getProvider(_Session.java:227_)
>
>       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:336_)
>
>       at javax.mail.Session.getTransport(_Session.java:366_)
>
>       at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:65_)
>
>       at javax.mail.Transport.send(_Transport.java:46_)
>

> at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:171_)
>

> at com.symcor.common.util.SendMail.sendNotification(_SendMail.java:92_)
>

> at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.sendMail(_RunEDSService.java:411_)
>
>       at com.symcor.eds.app.RunEDSService.main(_RunEDSService.java:338_)
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> kamal

> * This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *