geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.0 Documentation - Topics to cover
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 19:08:49 GMT
Hola Ricardo,
great that you are interested in Geronimo and even greater you want to help out with the documentation
!!! ;-)
If you are new to Geronimo that is not a bad thing at all, actually it's the other way around.
You may be able to see things we are missing in the current doc (or planned) a lot faster.

If there is an area in particular you have interest in you may start taking a look at the
existing documentation, see how that applies to v2.0 and work on a section in the current
documentation. (let's have all the discussions on the dev list so we all know who is doing
what and avoid overlapping).

EJB3 support and conversion tool are not fully integrated yet in this milestone so most of
those EJB related samples are likely to fail. But this also changes every day as more and
more features are integrated.

I personally don't know much about the plugin architecture but it would be a great topic for
discussion on the dev list if you are having difficulties to get your sample plugin to work.
I would encourage you to start a new thread in dev@.

As for translations, documentation for v1.0 and v1.1 got (mostly) translated to Español,
Polski, Français and I think Japanese. However, given the frequency of the releases and updates
to the documentation itself, I would rather stay away from any translation effort and focus
on new content. That's just my personal opinion.

All in all, you pick the area you have more interest in, discuss about it on dev@ then we
work a way to get it in the doc. How does that sound?

Cheers!
Hernan