geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Ryan <rya...@vacode.com>
Subject Having trouble finding information about the application client container.
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:12:56 GMT
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where I can find some information on
Geronimo's implementation of an application client container.  I would
like to run an application client from a machine that does not have
Geronimo installed.  As I understand things I should be able to use an
application client container to set up the environment necessary for
connecting to the application server.  I'm also interested in using the
application client container to perform user authentication.

As an example, Glassfish has an application client container that can be
created using a package-appclient utility they provide.  After that,
running an application client is as simple as executing the application
client container while passing the actual application .jar as a
parameter.  However, there were several aspects of the Glassfish
implementations that I didn't care for, so I'm looking for an alternative.

Application client containers are briefly mentioned in the JavaEE 5
specification (chapter EE.9 of the final release):

http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=244

I'm working with Apache Geronimo 2.0-M2.

Thanks for your time,
Ryan Jaeb