geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Install plugin to local repository
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 18:00:53 GMT

On Feb 7, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Ghattu, Satya [CCC-OT_IT] wrote:

> Folks,
> I am trying to install a plugin that I have created on to a WASCE 1.1
> Server. I am using the deploy tool's install-plugin to do that. It
> works
> great but is there any way to specify a different repository rather
> than
> the default. After installing the plugin, the plugin artifacts are
> downloaded to <WASCE_HOME>/repository directory. Since I have multiple
> instances of wasce server's sharing the same installation, I would
> like
> each server instance to have a local repository. Is this possible?
> I already have
> <gbean name="DownloadedPluginRepos">
> <attribute
> name="userRepositories">[file:/export1/ste/dev/SG97681/work/ibm/
> myroot/j
> ets/lib/repository]</attribute>
> </gbean>
> nn my config.xml, but that does not seem to help.
>
> Appreciate any help on this.

It's remarkably inconvenient to make this work at the moment,
although it should be fairly easy to fix.

You've tried to change the wrong end of the plugin installation
process :-/

I'm assuming that you have a separate configuration to install the
additional  server-specific repository and config store that you want
to install plugins into.

What you need to do is disable the PluginInstaller gbean in the rmi-
naming module and add a replacement gbean into your server-specific
repo plan that points to the repo and config store in that plan.

So, in config.xml you'd have

     <module name="org.apache.geronimo.configs/rmi-naming/${version}/
car">
         <gbean name="PluginInstaller" load="false"/>

and in your plan something like

     <gbean name="PluginInstaller"
class="org.apache.geronimo.system.plugin.PluginInstallerGBean">
         <reference name="Repository">
             <name>MyServerRepository</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="ConfigStore">
             <name>MyServerConfigStore</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="ConfigManager">
             <name>ConfigurationManager</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="ServerInfo">
             <name>ServerInfo</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="ThreadPool">
             <name>DefaultThreadPool</name>
         </reference>
         <reference name="PluginAttributeStore">
             <name>AttributeManager</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>

What we need is for the deploy tool to look at a target config store
option of some kind as do the jsr-88 like deploy commands.  This
should be easy to implement.  A JIRA issue would be a good place to
start.  I don't think such an improvement will get into geronimo 1.2
but it might into 2.0.

thanks
david jencks