geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Jochen Zink <jochen.z...@nepatec.de>
Subject Re: Authentication/Authorisation with client certificates
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:22:26 GMT
Hi Vamsi,

thanks for your answer.

Don't laugh, but I have developed my Application with the help of the
aricle you sent to me ;).

But there is still one problem. I can not download the samples.zip File
from the page (FileNotFound). Is there another location where I can
download the file? Maybe I can solve my problem with a working example
and find my bug.

Thanks a lot!

Am Mi 07.02.2007 16:14 schrieb Vamsavardhana Reddy
<c1vamsi1c@gmail.com>:

> Hi Jochen,
>
> Have a look at the article at URL
>
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/techarticles/0606_chillakuru/0606_chillakuru.html
>
> Though this article was written for WAS CE 1.0.1.1 (equivalent to G
> some extent :o), it may have answers to some of your questions. I have
> verified sometime ago that the scenarios in the sample applications
> work
> fine with G 1.1.1.
>
> Vamsi
>
> On 2/7/07, Jochen Zink <jochen.zink@nepatec.de> wrote:
> >
> > Hallo,
> >
> > First: I'm using Geronimo 1.1.1 with tomcat
> >
> > I tried to secure a WebApplication. Only Clients with trusted
> > certificates are able to connect.
> >
> > So, I have defined a new https listener with a Keystore that
> > contains
> > the server certificate and Private Key and a TrustStore with an
> > trusted
> > certificate.
> >
> > It is working pretty well. Only Clients with the correct Certificate
> > can
> > connect.
> >
> > Now, I will find out, with which certificate the current Client has
> > connected. With this information I want to authenticate the user.
> >
> > A call of request.getUserPrincipal() or request.getRemoteuser()
> > returns
> > null.
> >
> > So I tried to configure a certificate security realm.
> >
> > The realm seams to work. It is not possible to connect to the
> > Application, If I try to connect (over my own SSLlistener) with a
> > not
> > trusted certificate. But If I try to connect with a trusted
> > Certificate,
> > I become the exception you can see at the end of my post.
> >
> > I don't know if I have to declare both thinks, a https listener with
> > client auth enabled and a certificate security realm. It seams to be
> > different thinks for me.
> >
> > So, can anybody help me or knows a solution with which the problem
> > can
> > be solved?
> >
> > Thanks to everyone how has read my post.
> >

> > 14:12:52,546 WARN [TomcatGeronimoRealm] Login exception
> > authenticating
> > username "CN=Jochen Zink,OU=Privat,O=ganz
> > Privat,L=Hannover,ST=Niedersachsen,C=DE"
> > javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Error filling callback
> > list
> > at
> > org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.ServerLoginProxy.login(
> > ServerLoginProxy.java:78)
> > at
> >
> > org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.performLogin
> > (JaasLoginCoordinator.java:199)
> > at
> > org.apache.geronimo.security.jaas.client.JaasLoginCoordinator.login(
> > JaasLoginCoordinator.java:120)
> > at
> >
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java
> [...]

Beste Grüße/Best regards
Jochen Zink

Jochen Zink

nepatec GmbH & Co. KG
Hindenburgstr. 37
30175 Hannover
Fon: 0511/935.946.51
Fax: 0511/935.946.57
Mail: jochen.zink@nepatec.de

nepatec GmbH & Co. KG
Sitz Hannover . Amtsgericht Hannover . HRA 200338
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin:
Nepatec Verwaltungs-GmbH . Amtsgericht Hannover
HRB 200954 . Geschäftsführer: Claudius Grieser .
Burkhard Gerlts . Jörg Neumann . Frank Nitze