geronimo-user mailing list archives

From John <pm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Reference/Dependencies
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 13:53:41 GMT
I am now using activemq instead of activemq-broker.

Does it matter what JVM I use?  I was originally using Java 5, but have reverted to the latest
Java 1.4.2 release even though it seems to me I should be able to use newer JVMs.

The result of these two changes is that it is no longer complaining about the connection factory,
but is giving me the very same error regarding the queue:

     Deployment failed:
Unable to resolve resource reference
'jms/myQueue' (Could not find resource 'SendReceiveQueue'. Perhaps it
has not yet been configured, or your application does not have a
dependency declared for that resource module?)

I guess I was wrong in my assessment that if I got the connection factory working, the queue
would follow.  :-)  I have tried, at the suggestion of some web sites and messages on the
list, to use <resource-env-ref> and <message-destination-link> instead of <resource-ref>
and <resource-link> for the queue.  However, doing that just gives me an error at deployment
time that I should use a <resource-ref>.

Here is my current geronimo-web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <dep:environment>
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>SimpleMDBWeb</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
      <dep:type>car</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>

    <dep:dependencies>
          <dep:dependency>
              <dep:artifactId>activemq</dep:artifactId>
              <dep:type>car</dep:type>
        </dep:dependency>
    </dep:dependencies>
  </dep:environment>

  <context-root>/SimpleMDBWeb</context-root>

  <nam:resource-ref>
    <nam:ref-name>jms/myConnFactoryRef</nam:ref-name>
    <nam:resource-link>DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory</nam:resource-link>
  </nam:resource-ref>

  <nam:resource-ref>
    <nam:ref-name>jms/myQueue</nam:ref-name>
    <nam:resource-link>SendReceiveQueue</nam:resource-link>
  </nam:resource-ref>

</web-app>

I am following the other thread regarding a similar matter closely.

Thanks!
John