geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error while getting InitialContext
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:15:48 GMT
What code is doing the lookup and what is it trying to find?

It looks like this is a non-j2ee client application, in which case
the only thing it can get from geronimo is ejb's.  In this case you
probably want to use the openejb jndi implementation specified in
jndi.properties or in code

         props.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
"org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
         props.put("java.naming.provider.url", "127.0.0.1:4201");
         props.put("java.naming.security.principal", "testuser");
         props.put("java.naming.security.credentials", "testpassword");

I don't think the principal or credentials are needed, and you should
adjust the url as appropriate.

Hope this helps
david jencks