geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Prof.Dr. Reich Christoph" <>
Subject Re: How to configurate Tomcat in Geronimo?
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:11:06 GMT

I think there is a misunderstanding at your side. Tomcat is container for
servlets and does not run perl scripts or does not redirect calls. The Apache
webserver is responsible for that. Your configure the webserver to redirect
cgi calls or you have a perl module which runs the scripts.

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:10:22 +0900, longjinbo wrote
> hello!
> I am now start to learn geronimo, and I got a problem here, I have right
> a perl script used to send email. like FormMail.cgi in function.
> In apache http server, I know it is to configurate the httpd.conf to
> make the apache http server understand how to run the perl script: by
> what and from where.
> but in geronimo-1.0, How could I make the tomcat to understand to run
> cgi scripts correctly?
> in C:\geronimo-1.0\var\catalina\conf ,There is a file named web.xml,
> and contains some configurations about tomcat, but after I uncomment
> the cgi mapping, Geronimo can not run correctly. <servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-name>cgi</servlet-name> <url-pattern>/cgi-bin/*</url-
> pattern> </servlet-mapping> Should I make some other changes in it
> to suit my own system? I create a floder named cgi-bin in <Geronimo-
> Home>, but the porblems remains. Thank you! I am long for the replay!

View raw message