geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Rakesh Midha" <midha.rak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while getting InitialContext
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:06:27 GMT
Oh I didnt see that you are using Geronimo 1.1.1

In tat case you can use
  Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
        env.put("java.naming.factory.initial","
org.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory");
        env.put("java.naming.provider.url", "127.0.0.1:4201");

org/openejb/client/RemoteInitialContextFactory.class is available in
<geronimo_hom>\repository\openejb\openejb-core\2.1.1\openejb-core-2.1.1.jar
(I think it is 2.1.1 check out if it is different version). Also note the
class is org.openejb and not org.apache.openejb

I didn;t get your question about overwritting of env properties, env is just
a simple hashtable and it should not overwrite things if key is different.
Try System.out.println(""+env); to see if it is actually overwritten or its
constructor giving your exception. BTW what is the exception you are
getting?

Thanks
Rakesh