geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Rakesh Midha" <midha.rak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while getting InitialContext
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 11:03:42 GMT
Hello

For JNDI look to from client you need to use
org.apache.openejb.client.RemoteInitialContextFactory the class file is
available in
<geronimo_home>\repository\org\apache\openejb\openejb-core\3.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT\openejb-
core-3.0-incubating-SNAPSHO
T.jar

About env.put("java.naming.provider.url", "http://localhost:8080");, it is
not right. For the local machine you need to use "127.0.0.0:4201" and from
remote machine "MachineIP:4201" (eg: 9.1.1.1:4201) (yu can get MachineIP
using ipconfig)

The port 4201(default) is a port where
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.EjbDaemonGBean is exposed.
When you start geronimo server you will get the port you are using :

Listening on Ports:
  1099 0.0.0.0 RMI Naming
  1527 0.0.0.0 Derby Connector
  4201 0.0.0.0 org.apache.geronimo.openejb.EjbDaemonGBean
  4242 0.0.0.0 Remote Login Listener
  8009 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector AJP
  8080 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTP
  8443 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTPS
  9999 0.0.0.0 JMX Remoting Connector
 61613 0.0.0.0 ActiveMQ Transport Connector
 61616 0.0.0.0 ActiveMQ Transport Connector

Thanks
Rakesh