geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kanchana Welagedara <kanch...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: debugging WS deployed in Geronimo-2
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:15:44 GMT
Hi Lin

On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 10:09 -0500, Lin Sun wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> IIUC about what you are trying to do, you 'll need the WTP server
> adapter for geronimo 2.0 to do that.  But I don't think the adapter
> (also called devtools) is ready yet for 2.0.
Yes.Exactly.But there should be a way around to do remotely debug a WS
in Geronim using eclipse remote debugging isn't it?

If I say what was trying to do exactly was..Tracing the flow of WS
deployment through the geronimo code base and understand what method
calls next and understand the code base.

> I have only tried adding breakpoint on the server code and step through,
> instead of the client code.
I think this is where I have made the mistake. I tried putting the break
point  in client code first(now I know it should be server code) as well
as in the server code later(The sample WS service server side along with
geronimo code base).
Then I tried to put the break point in geronimo code base in
org.apache.geronimo.jaxws.builder.JaxwsServiceBuilder in parseWSDL,and
it  complained "Unable to install breal points due to missing line
number attributes.Also eclipse debugger doesn't launch or prompt to the
debug mode to step on/over the flow.
Hope I'm more specific now in details.
Really appreciate if anybody can help out

Regards
Kanchana