geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kanchana Welagedara <kanch...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Deploying error in JCA IM-Application
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2007 06:16:06 GMT
Hi David

I successfully deployed the connector.(I wrote).Now I have problem of
deploying the client server itself.I'm sure my deployment plans are
correctly placed in META_INF directory .The deployment package is also
captured those.But still throws the following error.I'm *not* using
little G.

 Error: Unable to distribute imj2c-client.war: Cannot deploy the
    requested application module because no deployer is able to handle
    it.  This can happen if you have omitted the J2EE deployment
    descriptor, disabled a deployer module, or if, for example, you are
    trying to deploy an EJB module on a minimal Geronimo server that
    does not have EJB support installed.

geronimo-web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
  <dep:environment
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>IMClient</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.1</dep:version>
      <dep:type>war</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>
  </dep:environment>

  <context-root>/imclient</context-root>
</web-app>
web.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd'>

<web-app>
  <display-name>IM EIS Sample Application</display-name>

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>IMJCATest</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>test.web.IMConnectorServlet</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

	<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>IMJCATest</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/imj2c</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

  <resource-ref>
    <res-ref-name>eis/imEIS</res-ref-name>
    <res-type>org.geronimo.jca.sample.cci.IMConnectionFactory</res-type>
    <res-auth>Application</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>
</web-app>
application.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC '-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application 1.3//EN' 'http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd'>
<application>
  <display-name>jca-im-demo</display-name>
  <description>Example application to access the IM EIS</description>
  <module>
    <web>
      <web-uri>imj2c-client.war</web-uri>
      <context-root>/imj2c-client</context-root>
    </web>
  </module>
</application>
Really appreciate if you can comment on this.

Regards
Kanchana