geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kanchana Welagedara <kanch...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.0 Documentation - Topics to cover
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2007 06:31:50 GMT
On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 09:50 -0500, Hernan Cunico wrote:
> What you see there is the content I've been working on so far, it is not a proposal for
a TOC. In fact, that is what my note is about, asking feedback for topics to cover as well
as volunteers to cover some of those topics.

I see oki.I had the wrong impression that you can come up with TOC/Plan.

> Absolutely, XML schemas and deployment plans should be part of the Geronimo v2.0 documentation
just like how we have them in the Geronimo v1.1 documentation. Sort of related to the same
topic would also be "Annotations".

Yeah .I understand
> On a different thread I saw you guys plan to work on this area (schemas and plans) for
Geronimo v1.2 which is great, I'm taking granted you are volunteering to tackle v2.0 too,
right!? ;-)

I think you are wrong ;-).Nothing is granted in Cathedral and Bazaar
model ;-) unless you commit it.(Just Kidding )I'll work on this as much
as possible.

> My only concern with v2.0, and Dain pointed it out too, some of the plans will dramatically
change throughout the 2.0 development process as the specifications and additional functionality
get fully integrated, specially in the EJB3 area.

I think Dain pointed out a very good point.I think we will have to wait
a bit till to let finish drastically changes and be solid in area of
openejb3.

> All, what other topics would you like to see covered in the v2.0 documentation? volunteering
for some? ;-)
> Never is too much info when talking about doc, isn't it!?
Exactly :)

Regards.
Kanchana

> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Kanchana Welagedara wrote:
> > Hi Hernan
> >
> > I assume you have come up with the planed content of G2.0 as shown in
> > the below in the given url.I would like to know why the deployment plan
> > and xmls schema documents are missing in the content.I think M2 has more
> > to document in this area.
> > Any thoughts Hernan?
> >
> > Thanks and Regards
> > Kanchana
> >

> > On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 15:59 -0500, Hernan Cunico wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >> I'm updating the existing Geronimo documentation to v2.0, here is the link.
> >>
> >> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/documentation.html
> >>
> >> Are there any specific topics that you guys would like to see covered for v2.0
first? Are there any topics from previous releases you guys don't want to see anymore?