geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: AW: AW: using OpenJPA in EJB2.1 application (was: ejb2.1 to Geronimo2.0 migration strategy)
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:23:19 GMT

On Feb 1, 2007, at 12:21 PM, Hans J. Prueller wrote:

> >> However I suspect if you can convince the other app server to
> run under jdk 1.5 openjpa will be
>
> >> able to deal with annotations just as it does in geronimo.
>

> fine.
>

> >> I think the major problem you are likely to run into is that
> unless there's container managed persitence
>
> >> contexts your transaction behavior is going to be difficult to
> control.
>

> I hoped that I could configure openJPA to use the transaction
> manager provided by the container – for example we
>
> successfully integrated Hibernate Persistence and CMP Persistence
> within our application, both running within
>
> the same transactions. there has been something like a plugin
> developed:
>

> <property name="hibernate.transaction.manager_lookup_class">
>
> org.hibernate.transaction.JOTMTransactionManagerLookup
>
> </property>
>

> Is there any means of “plugging” transaction manager into openJPA
> persistence?

There's a bunch of code in openjpa that will look all over the jndi
tree for a transaction manager.  I'm not sure if you have to turn it
on using an option.  I'm also not sure if that's sufficient to get
your persistence contexts enrolled in a jta tx.  My guess is that it
will but I haven't read the spec or played with this for a while so I
might be wrong.

thanks
david jencks