I have seen similar questions posted here which have helped me along to some extent, but I've hit a dead end.

I am trying to deploy a simple servlet which posts a message to a JMS queue.

For the sake of simplicity in this message, I am only going to reference the connection factory, as I assume once I figure out how to map that resource properly, I can figure out the queue.

The code does this:

ConnectionFactory qConnectionFactory = (ConnectionFactory)context.lookup("java:comp/env/jms/myConnFactoryRef");

My web.xml has this:

    <resource-ref>
        <res-ref-name>jms/myConnFactoryRef</res-ref-name>
        <res-type>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</res-type>
        <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
    </resource-ref>

My FULL geronimo-web.xml is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

  <dep:environment>
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>default</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>SimpleMDBWeb</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
      <dep:type>car</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>

    <dep:dependencies>
      <dep:dependency>
          <dep:groupId>geronimo</dep:groupId>
          <dep:artifactId>activemq-broker</dep:artifactId>
          <dep:version>1.1.1</dep:version>
          <dep:type>car</dep:type>
      </dep:dependency>
    </dep:dependencies>

  </dep:environment>

  <context-root>/SimpleMDBWeb</context-root>

  <nam:resource-ref>
    <nam:ref-name>jms/myConnFactoryRef</nam:ref-name>
    <nam:resource-link>DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory</nam:resource-link>
  </nam:resource-ref>

  <nam:resource-ref>
    <nam:ref-name>jms/myQueue</nam:ref-name>
    <nam:resource-link>SendReceiveQueue</nam:resource-link>
  </nam:resource-ref>

</web-app>

The error I am getting is:

"Unable to resolve resource reference 'jms/myConnFactoryRef' (Could not find resource 'DefaultActiveMQConnectionFactory'.  Perhaps it has not yet been configured, or your application does not have a dependency declared for that resource module?)"

It would seem from the error that the resource reference is properly linked to the resource I want to use, but I am having a dependency issue.  I have tried using "activemq" instead of "activemq-broker."  I have tried using both.  I have tried creating my own JMS resource in Geronimo and referencing that resource as a dependency instead of, and in addition to activemq and activemq-broker.  No matter what I do, I get the above error.

All the web pages and sample geronimo-web.xml files I have found seem to support my usage above, but I am obviously still doing something wrong.

I am using Geronimo 1.1.1.

I would appreciate any pointer in the right direction.

Thanks!
John

in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
to find your fit.