On Jan 2, 2007, at 12:31 PM, Peter Petersson wrote:

Hi Dirk

You probably encounter this problem due to the fact that you are running it on java 1.6 (jdk6).
Try running it on java 1.5 (jdk5) instead it worked fine for me.

As far as I know ( correct me if I am wrong, I am not part of the G development teem ) Geronimo  1.2 on the Java 5 Virtual Machine
and Geronimo 2.0 is to be certified on Java EE 5 and are therefor probably targeted to run on jdk5.

The target runtime is Java 5. However, we'd certainly expect that Geronimo would run on Java 6.

I think we've seen this problem before... Oh yeah. It was a problem related to geronimo.sh/bat:

http://www.nabble.com/Error-trying-to-start-fresh-trunk-build-%2810-27-2006%29-tf2522436.html#a7037555

Dirk,
Double check your JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME setting. My guess is it's not pointing to your java 6 installation...

From

17:35:56,267 INFO  [root]   System property [java.endorsed.dirs]  = /usr/lib/java/lib/endorsed:/opt/geronimo/lib/endorsed

it looks like JRE_HOME is set to /usr/lib/java. However, you're running java out of /usr/lib/jdk1.6.0/jre

If that doesn't fix your problem, try running Geronimo as follows? It's not the recommended method for starting Geronimo, but I bet it will work...

    java -jar <geronimo-bin-directory>/server.jar

Alternatively, you could try:

    export JAVA_OPTS=-enableassertions
    geronimo.sh run

--kevan