geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Re: Accessing EJB via JNDI from a web application
Date Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:31:25 GMT
So it seems there's a problem with the code in the EjbBindings.java file.
Specifically, the GBeanInfoBuilder object that is created in the static
initializer does not define the "homeContext" and "localHomeContext"
attributes that are used in the constructor.  I change the static
initializer to the following, and rebuilt the global-jndi-plugin, and now I
don't get that constructor initialization error:

    static {
        GBeanInfoBuilder builder =
GBeanInfoBuilder.createStatic(EjbBindings.class, "EjbBindings");
        builder.addAttribute("homeContext", String.class, true, true);
        builder.addAttribute("localHomeContext", String.class, true, true);
        builder.setConstructor(new String[]{"kernel", "homeContext",
"localHomeContext"});
        GBEAN_INFO = builder.getBeanInfo();
    }

However, now I get another error when the GBean is attempted to be
deployed:

ERROR [KernelContextGBean] Error adding binding for
Mxi/Maintenix/1/ear?J2EEApplication=Mxi/Maintenix/1/ear,j2eeType=EjbBindings,name=EjbBindings

It's hard to decipher what this error means.  I noticed that there's been
no work done to the Global JNDI plugin since September 29th, 2006.  Is this
piece not yet ready to be used?

Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nanner@mxi.com> wrote on 01-22-2007
01:22:13 PM:

> I'm using the following GBean declaration in my geronimo-application.xml:
>
>     <sys:gbean name="EjbBindings"
> class="org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.EjbBindings">
>         <attribute name="homeContext">remote</attribute>
>         <attribute name="localHomeContext">local</attribute>
>     </sys:gbean>
>
> I was looking at the source code for EjbBindings.xml where I see the
> following code fragment:
>
>     static {
>         GBeanInfoBuilder builder =
> GBeanInfoBuilder.createStatic(EjbBindings.class, "EjbBindings");
>         builder.setConstructor(new String[]{"kernel", "homeContext",
> "localHomeContext"});
>         GBEAN_INFO = builder.getBeanInfo();
>     }
>
> Although looking at it now, I guess the "setConstructor" method is just
> taking an array of String arguments that are the names of the attributes,
> and that these are not references to attribute types.
>
> This is the error I get when I try to deploy my application with the
> preceding GBean declaration:
>
>      [java]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
>      [java] Caused by:
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Could not find a
> valid constructor for G
> Bean: org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.EjbBindings
>      [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfoBuilder.
> getConstructorTypes(GBeanInfoBuilder.java:500)
>      [java]     at
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfoBuilder.
> getBeanInfo(GBeanInfoBuilder.java:438)
>      [java]     at

org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.EjbBindings.<clinit>(EjbBindings.java:106)