geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Aman Nanner/MxI Technologies <aman.nan...@mxi.com>
Subject Accessing EJB via JNDI from a web application
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2007 23:02:12 GMT

Hi,

I'm running into an issue using the Geronimo 1.2 beta release.

I'm running a web application from which an EJB is being looked up via its
JNDI name as declared in the openejb-jar.xml descriptor that resides in the
EJB module.  In my web.xml for the web application, I have the EJB declared
as a reference.

The problem is that I get a NameNotFoundException by looking up the EJB via
the JNDI name.  However, if I look up the EJB via it's EJB reference, as
defined in the ejb-jar.xml, then the lookup succeeds.  I know that I should
be using the EJB reference to look up the EJB anways, but I've got a legacy
app that I'm trying to port to Geronimo that is littered with EJB lookups
using direct JNDI names.

Before I dive into the Geronimo source code, perhaps somebody knows for
sure that EJB JNDI lookups are supposed to fail from within a server
context (i.e. it will fail by design) and let me know?

Thanks,
Aman

* This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed,
applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee),
you may not use, copy or disclose the message or any information contained in the message.
If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail , and
delete the message, or call (collect) 001 613 747 4698. *